Invisalign straightens your teeth without wires and brackets, using a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners. It's virtually undetectable, which means hardly anyone will know that you're straightening your teeth. To ensure the best possible results we decided to compile a list of a few tips for our patients currently using Invisalign.
• Wear your aligners for a minimum of 2 weeks, before moving into the next aligner.
• Sharp or rough edges can be smoothed with an emery board.
• Change into your next aligner before going to bed so they settle in overnight.
• Keep your aligners in their case while eating to avoid losing them. Keep the out of reach of any household pets, especially dogs!
• If you need to, you can soak your Invisalign aligners in a mix of 50/50 white vinegar and cold water to brighten them.
• Wear your aligners for at least 20 hours a day.
• Always carry a toothbrush.
• Only drink water when you're wearing your aligners.
• Don't put your aligners in hot water.
• Don't use toothpaste to clean your aligners.
If you have any further questions about Invisalign please don’t hesitate to call us at our convenient Buckeye or Surprise offices.