Are you ready for the most magical Ice Cream recipe you’ll ever find? Not only is it cute, but it’s great for all ages. Best of all, it's braces friendly & taste buds approved! Unicorn Ice Cream is magic on a cone!
UNICORN ICE CREAM
• 2 cups whipping cream
• One 14 sweetened condensed milk
Gel food coloring:
• Electric Blue
• Electric Green
• Egg Yellow
• Star Sprinkles
• Purple Disco Dust (optional)
• Green Disco Dust (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until medium peaks form.
2. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream, and fold the whipped cream and condensed milk together until completely combined.
3. Separate the ice cream base into 5 bowls. Add 2-4 drops of food coloring to each bowl (1 color per bowl). Use a spoon to mix in the food coloring until it is evenly distributed in the ice cream base. You can add more food coloring as needed to reach your desired color.
4. Using a standard loaf pan, layer the ice cream. Place ½ of each color in the pan in big dollops. (I layered the blue, green, and purple first, and then the yellow and pink on top of that.) Then repeat the color layering.
5. Run a butter knife through the ice cream a few times in each direction to swirl the colors together. You don't want to completely mix the colors, just swirl them a bit.
6. Top the ice cream with star sprinkles and sprinkle with disco dust. Because everyone knows unicorns are glittery.
7. Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours to overnight, or until the ice cream has set up.